EN:Able Futures are thrilled to offer two new opportunities for Bricklaying Apprenticeships with host company Tolent Living Ltd.
The apprenticeships will be based on two different building sites, both located in Batley, Kirklees.
Whilst working towards their qualification the Apprentice Bricklayers will learn the following skills:
- Measuring areas and marking out in preparation for laying bricks
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Applying mortar with a trowel and laying blocks or bricks
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that rows are straight using a spirit level and plumb line
- Maintaining high levels of health and safety at all times, ensuring regulations are adhered to
- Maintaining a clear and tidy workspace and ensuring that waste materials are disposed of in accordance with current legislation.
Julie Deeley, Director of Operations, EN:Able Futures, said: "We are delighted to be working with Tolent Living to provide these high quality apprenticeships. Tolent are a well known contractor in the region with a long history of delivering projects that have a lasting impact . I am sure that the apprenticeships that we are collaborating on together will provide an excellent pathway into the sector for young people starting out on their careers.”
For more information and to apply click here.