With an estimated value of £100m it is envisaged that the EN Procure Asbestos Survey, Air Monitoring and Removal Framework will mainly be applied to the asbestos surveying, removal/treatment and air testing of domestic properties in the social housing sector, there will however be a requirement for asbestos removal works to other non-domestic properties over the framework’s lifetime.
The framework will have an initial duration of 4 years with options to extend beyond this duration and, on behalf of Efficiency North’s membership, St Leger Homes of Doncaster will be the contracting authority for the framework. The framework is structured geographically in 6 lots by sub-region as outlined below and, as with Efficiency North’s other frameworks, will be open for the use of social landlords and other public sector bodies based within the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Each sub regional lot is then divided into the specialisms of asbestos surveying, removal and air testing.
The OJEU notice for the single stage tender process was posted on 8 April 2013 on the YORtender regional procurement portal https://www.yortender.co.uk
The Framework was awarded and is available from July 2013.
Framework Lots and Districts
- North West Yorkshire: Richmondshire, Hambleton, Craven, Harrogate
- North East North Yorkshire: Scarborough, Ryedale
- North Humber: York, Selby, East Riding, Hull
- South Humber: North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire
- South Yorkshire: Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheffield
- West Yorkshire: Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield