In June 2017, 45 asbestos & demolition contractors of a range of sizes were appointed to the 6 lots of the EN Procure Asbestos and Demolition Framework. With an estimated value of £116m it is envisaged that the EN Procure Asbestos & Demolition Framework will mainly be applied to the asbestos surveying, removal/treatment and air testing of domestic properties in the social housing sector, there will however be a requirement for asbestos removal works to other non-domestic properties over the framework’s lifetime. Framework lots are:
- Lot 1 – Asbestos Survey Works
- Lot 2 – Asbestos Air Monitoring Works
- Lot 3 – Licenced and Unlicensed Domestic & Civic Asbestos Removal
- Lot 4 – Unlicensed Domestic & Civic Asbestos Removal
- Lot 5 - Low Rise Demolition Works (4 Storeys and below, including any associated asbestos removal as required)
- Lot 6 – High Rise Demolition Works (5 Storeys and above, including any associated asbestos removal as required)
The new framework offers social housing landlords a flexible framework to meet their individual requirements, and aims to provide cost savings to housing providers whilst realising added social value either by offering a minimum of 2 full time training opportunities per £1m project value spent through the framework or other funding/ initiatives to support training and employment positions in non-construction roles. Efficiency North provide targeted support to ensure that the training opportunities deliver the greatest social benefit.
With a range of available contract options including JCT, NEC and NFDC, the framework has been designed with users in mind to offer maximum ease and flexibility of use.
For further information about the framework please contact the Framework Management Team on 0330 606 1460