Efficiency North Limited established a Charitable Incorporated Organisation called EN:Able Communities, registered in England and Wales on 25 August 2015, Registered Charity Number 1163304, to support implementation of the consortium’s social value strategy.
Any surplus generated by Efficiency North, plus regeneration funds generated by EN’s frameworks, are gifted to EN:Able Communities CIO, which then gifts funds on through the EN:Able Community Investment Fund and support of Employment and Skills delivery so that efficiencies achieved for EN’s social housing landlord members provide real cash benefits for their tenants and wider communities.
EN:Able Communities CIO Board of Trustees
The CIO’s trustees all share EN’s vision for social and economic regeneration in Yorkshire and Humber and have the experience, skills and capacity to steer the CIO and ensure its aims are accomplished.
- Colleen Adamson (Chair) previous Vice Chair of WDH Board and Chair of EN Joint Tenant Panel
- EN Board Vice Chair Janet Sharpe, Director of Housing and Neighbourhood Services at Sheffield City Council (ex-officio)
- EN Board Director Simeon Perry, Contract Commissioning and Performance Manager at Leeds City Council (ex-officio)
- Ian Billyard, Principal and CEO of Leeds College of Building (LCB), President, Yorkshire Builders Federation (YBF), Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Catherine Bishop, Director at Futureworks (Yorkshire)
The Board held their first meeting on 18 December 2015 to ratify Community Investment Fund applications evaluation and form clarity on the CIO’s objectives.